20 June 2012

Winter warmers

I've been on the hunt for knitswear in the last few weeks. I've searched online and offline to no avail. It has taken so long because I'm a bit fussy. I want something that looks a bit different (I have enough striped knits already), I prefer natural fabrics, and I don't want to spend more than $150 each.

I decided to hit the shops at lunchtime today, I was determined to fulfil the gap in my wardrobe.

First stop was Marcs - this colour block jumper looked promising online and it's on sale for $89.


I tried it on and it looks nice, but on second thoughts it looked a bit "mumsy".

Gorman was my next stop, out of all the shops I browsed online they had the most interesting patterned knits. And eureka!


The inka jumper (on sale, $120) has a fun print, it was made with 100% merino wool and it has a nice fit. I can't wait to wear it with jeans in the weekend.

Then I went to an old favourite, Alannah Hill. I wasn't particularly hopeful because they're more well known for their cardigans and I was looking for pullovers, but I was in luck and found TWO 100% wool knit tops!

The You Like The Dark top (on sale, $112) is going to be a versatile addition to my wardrobe - I can dress it up with a pretty skirt or dress it down with black slacks.


And the She Kissed Everyone jumper (on sale, $89) is a signature AH design which I'll pair with black skinny jeans.


Feeling the high of instant gratification, I hopped into Seed and bought this cute knit for TLP (on sale, $40).


So bring it on, winter! I'm now ready to face the cold ;-)