31 May 2012

First order from my-wardrobe.com

The Duke's birthday is this weekend and once again I left my gift purchase to the last minute. Thank goodness for the internet! I went to Mr Porter but didn't find anything I liked. I started searching for brands that I'm interested in and one of the searches led me to my-wardrobe.com. It is a UK-based website selling men's and women's designer brands.

After the website loaded a message popped up, offering Australian shoppers $A60 off purchases over $A180






Polo Ralph Lauren navy blue chunky knit ($A144)


Postage is not cheap (£26/$A39) and delivery by DHL takes between 3-7 working days, which is a bit average given the cost.

The website offers charging in local currencies. On international websites I usually choose to pay in their native currency because the exchange rates they offer are not as good as what I can get from my credit card provider. However in this case the Australian dollar charge was actually better than the British pound charge. I think they hard-coded the exchange rate to $A1 = £0.66 (which was the going rate about a month ago) when current exchange rate is around £0.625. No complaints from me!

The purchasing process is fairly straight forward, but soon after I placed the order I received an e-mail asking me to change the shipping address to the billing address, or if the shipping address is my workplace I am required to send an e-mail to them from my work e-mail address to verify the transaction. It was a strange request and I'd prefer if it was disclosed before I complete the purchase. Luckily I was able to access my work e-mail address at home and it was all sorted. I was hoping that they'd dispatch the parcel by the end of their working day but it wasn't dispatched until the day after, so the chances of the parcel arriving in time for The Duke's birthday is slim but at least I have made the purchase.

I'm glad to discover a new etailer, especially one that stocks men's designer labels.

If you want to check them out and take advantage of the discount, the code is AUJUBILEE60 and it's valid till 7 June.