12 June 2012

Giving Parcel Lockers a try

Back in April I wrote about Australia Post's Parcel Lockers. Finally I found the opportunity to try it out.

I used the Parcel Locker address provided as the shipping address for my latest ASOS order. Last Wednesday morning I received an SMS notifying me that the parcel was ready for collection (I also received an e-mail). I had 48 hours to collect the parcel.


The weather was too rainy on Wednesday night, so I waited till Thursday morning to swing by the lockers at St Leonards.


The collection process was very simple. I used the touch screen to enter the locker number and access code.


Once the codes were entered the locker lighted up for me to open.


And there was my parcel!


Soon after collection I received another SMS confirming that the parcel had been collected.

So what did I buy?


A Cath Kidston shoulder bag in blue Windsor Rose print. I discovered the brand when I was in Japan and I liked what I saw. The whimsical prints and easy to clean surface make her bags perfect for "mummy duties". When ASOS had its Jubilee sale with 20% off British brands I decided to get one.



So I can highly recommend the Parcel Locker service. I wish it is rolled out extensively after the trial finished at the end of the year!