20 March 2012

A quick note to Mimco



Dear Mimco management

I visited one of your stores around 1pm to pick up a present for a friend. I knew what I wanted to buy so I was hoping for a quick in-and-out. There were two staff at the store, but despite up to 4 customers waiting to be served at the cashier, one staff was unpacking new stock instead.

May I suggest that lunch time is not a good time to unpack stock:
  • all staff should be serving customers during the busiest time of the day for the store
  • the unpacked stock was overtaking the tabletop so people can't see what jewellery on display underneath the glass
The SA behind the counter was pleasant enough, but I was not interested in her numerous comments on computer issues, I just want to pay and leave.

The retail trade is doing it tough at the moment, so retailers should be doing everything they can to entice new customer and hold on to existing ones. I am not a regular shopper at your store, and my experience today gave me no reason to come back.

Kind regards
Queen V