12 April 2012

Winter haul from Hobbs

Autumn arrived in Sydney pretty abruptly on Tuesday - I went to the beach on Easter Monday and now it's time for coat and scarves! Naturally my mind turned to winter fashion :-)

I went to the shops at lunch time yesterday and I was not particularly inspired. The only thing I liked were these cute Portmans gloves which I may go back and purchase.


Last night I was in bed with a warm doona and started browsing online. My friend Z recommended Hobbs from the UK. They have a mid-season sale and an outlet which are music to my ears. I ended up picking up these bargain:

Coniston dress (RRP £129, on sale for £44.10)


Petra sweater (RRP £69, on sale for £30.60)

Woodlands cardigan (RRP £110, on sale for £55)


Postage is a bit on the steep side (£20) but with the discounts I can justify it.


I managed to stuff up completely in the ordering process. I had to enter in my address numerous times, and when I submitted the order a page open requiring me to enter in a PIN that was meant to be sent to my phone. I waited a minute or two and nothing came so I pressed "cancel" expected to be led back to the order page. Instead the order was processed but is was flagged for review because the security procedure wasn't completed. I e-mailed their customer service and received a pro-forma reply stating that it will take up to 3 days of them to reply - which is a bit too long for my liking but there was nothing I can do. I received the PIN about 2 minutes after I "cancelled" the transaction. I must be more patient next time.


I hope to receive them before my trip to Japan but with this issue I probably won't receive the parcel before I go, which is a shame. Well I'll just have to shop more in Japan, right?

ETA: Apparently I also missed the part asking for my billing address so my order will drop off if I don't call them over the next 5 days. That is good actually because I've just placed the same order, this time with patience and it went through smoothly. Fingers crossed they'll arrive by the 24th since I'm flying out to Japan that evening!