20 February 2012

Beauty potions from Audra James

The internet is a bit like a city. There are the deparment stores and the high street brands, and then there are the alleys and laneways with interesting stores that await our discovery.

I first came across Audra James on Twitter. I don't remember if she followed me and I returned the favour, or if I saw her being mentioned by other tweeps and started following. What I can remember are the lovely skincare concoctions that she tweeted about and recommendations of her products from other tweeps I follow. She also tweeted links to her blog with articles on her skincare range.

My mother-in-law's birthday is coming up and I thought it'd be nice to get her something unique, so I contacted Audra via twitter about her bespoke body oil. What a joy she was to deal with - always prompt with her replies, friendly, and knowledgeable. I was so impressed that I added to my order twice - first the Body Glow Treatment Oil as a body moisturiser for myself, then a facial oil for my mum who wants something to help with her dry skin.

Soon after Audra finished creating the facial oil I received her parcel.






Each product came with a detailed note with information about the ingredients and directions on how the use the products.

I can't comment on the products for my mother-in-law or my mum but the Body Glow treatment oil is heavenly! The lavender and mandarin essential oils create a beautiful aroma and the oil is nourishing without being sticky. It definitely makes me moisturise more often.

Besides becoming a customer, I have also recommended Andra's products to tweeps who wrote about their skin problems. In fact I did that before I placed the order. Why did I become an advocate? I think it's because I feel her passion about skincare and her pride in her products through her tweets. Twitter, besides being a wonderful way to connect with like-minded people and access the latest news, is a great marketing tool - if you put the effort into it. Audra certainly has, and she backs it up with excellent customer service, and of course quality products.

I checked with one of the tweeps who made a purchase after I recommended Audra to her and it is pleasing to know that she is happy with the product. In fact I'm tempted to make a skincare order for myself :-D

Interested? You can visit her website, read her blog, or follow her on Twitter. And Audra has kindly agreed to be interviewed for The Etail Queen so watch this space.

P.S. A few readers have some new items on eBay :-D