6 February 2012

Finally sunny

Finally we had a lovely weekend in Sydney. The forecast is for rain again this week but at least we had two gorgeous days to enjoy.

My MBMJ preppy camera bag arrived on Friday and I wasted no time to give it a swirl.


MBMJ is a great brand for well priced leather goods, and this little bag is no exception. Mouse is a great colour (thanks for your votes!) - it goes with anything. With Shopbop and Endless among others delivering to Australia, MBMJ is now very accessible to us.

The eagle-eye among you may have noticed that I was wearing my new Zara dress. In fact my entire outfit have been purchased in the last month.


Zara dress
KORS Michael Kors flats
MBMJ bag
Oroton sunnies

On Saturday we went to the Powerhouse Museum (mainly for the Wiggles exhibition which TLP loved). While TLP was sitting in the Big Red Car, I checked out the Make Lace Not War exhibition. There are some exquisite creations on display.



TLP had a nap after lunch in the stroller. I took the opportunity to check out the outlets at Market City in Chinatown. I bought this from Esprit.


Esprit is one of the brands I'd never pay full price for, and I rarely visit their stores, but there are some bargains to be had at their outlets. The full price of this dress was $199, now down to $59.95.

The price tag lists the RRP of the dress in 6 countries. The dress RRP in Hong Kong is $HK899, given current exchange rates it equates to $A108. That is only half of the RRP is in Australia. *sigh* It is so frustrating to be constantly overcharged relative to other countries.

We went to Chatswood on Sunday - TLP was long overdue for a haircut. Afterwards The Duke took TLP to Myer's toy section, and I hopped over to Daiso at Mardarin Centre.

Daiso is the biggest "$2" store I've ever seen. Everything in the store, from containers to stationery to cosmetics(!), cost $2.80.


I picked up 3 things, a packet of 10 ballpens, a shower cap, and an electric nail filer. The last item is a bit bizarre but for $2.80 I'm willing to experiment.

Let's finish this post with one of the reasons I love living in Sydney.


P.S. Do you like The Etail Queen's new look?

P.P.S. I'm planning to set up an eBay directory. If you are an eBay seller and want to be included in the directory, just tweet me or send me an e-mail.